Why Holiday With Us
We believe that our service and commitment to you starts from your initial enquiry through to the time we say goodbye. These are some of the reasons that many clients return to us time and again:
- Our many years of experience in providing quality adventure holidays
- Our personal service and attention to detail
- Our imaginative itineraries
- Our small group policy
- Our hand-picked accommodation
- Our knowledgeable and experienced guides
North-West Frontiers Guides
At North-West Frontiers we know that your guide is the key to you having a successful holiday. Most of our guides have been with us for a long time and their knowledge and commitment is second to none. We are proud that they have been commended and recognised for their work.
We think that there are certain qualities that make NWF leaders stand out:
- They have as their first priority your safety and well-being
- They are professional in all aspects of their role
- They are committed to providing each group member with the best possible holiday experience
- They are qualified and current in the adventures that they guide
- They are knowledgeable and informative about the environment, culture and history
- They have a sense of humour and a smile
- They have a genuine love for what they do
Angela is a qualified mountain leader and has been mountain guiding for over 15 years. For for much of that time she has lived in Ullapool. An experienced summer & winter mountaineer she has climbed and skied in the Alps, North-America and Greenland. Angela has a profound knowledge of the flora and fauna of the areas in which she guides and can provide an insight into the Highland life both past and present. Her favourite places to guide include the Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland.
Sean is a registered International Mountain Leader with a broad knowledge base built up over his years of extensive adventure travel and guiding around the globe. He guides our walking holidays but can be found leading our mountain bike and canoe trips. Sean has a love of the Scottish environment and spends much of his free time mountain biking, sea kayaking or hill running. His favourite places to guide include the northwest Highlands and Skye.
Iain is a registered International Mountain Leader, qualified Nordic Walking Instructor and Navigation Awards assessor. With his extensive knowledge of the flora, fauna and history of Scotland he is your guide for our Moderate grade holidays but with his extensive mountain experience and top class navigation skills don't be surprised to see him on the big hills as well! Iain is also involved in the research and marketing for the company. His favourite areas to lead are Sutherland, Skye and the Islands.